Please take advantage of the options to prepay your student's meal accounts. Prepaid meal accounts help the lunch lines go faster and gives students more time to eat, relax, and play. It also gives you the peace of mind of not having to worry about looking for lunch money every day or worry that it might get lost, stolen or used for other things other than lunch.
Online payments are a simple, safe and secure way to make payments to your student's account 24 hours a day at your convenience.
The Horseheads Central School District uses PaySchools Central as our online meal payment program.
Parents using PaySchools Central must have an account set up in PaySchools Central before a deposit can be made.
Here is the process for creating a new account:
- Have your child’s ID number ready before logging in. If you do not know the ID number, there are two ways to get it:
- On your child’s report card next to the child’s name
- By calling your child’s school
- Go to PaySchools Central at payschoolscentral.com
- The PaySchools link is also on our district website in each of our school’s pages and the Food Service Department section.
- A log-in box should come up. Click "Register" at the bottom left of the box.
- Complete the information on that screen. (Please note: as you type your email address, the words "invalid email address" will appear underneath the box. Once you have completed entering your email, the words will disappear.)
- Make sure you click the box at the bottom of the online form agreeing to PaySchools' User Agreement. Then click "Register" at the bottom of the page.
- You will be asked to confirm your registration either through a text message or email.
- Once you have confirmed your registration, you'll be taken to your PaySchools account. You'll see a message that says "Welcome to PaySchools Central. To add family members to your account, please Click Here." Click on the "Click Here" link to add your child(ren)'s information.
- On the next screen, look to the right of the blue banner and click on "+ Add Student/Patron." Enter your child's information. Click "Register."
- Your child's name should appear. You can now make deposits to your child's account.
- PaySchools Central is not designed to work with mobile devices. It’s recommended that users complete this process using a desktop or laptop computer.
- For help with technical issues and website interface please contact PaySchools by Phone: 1-877-393-6628 (open 8:30-7:30 EST Monday-Friday) or Email: [email protected]
If you have questions, please email Rob Cole, food service manager, at [email protected] or call 607-739-5601 ext.3671. Or you may email Jennifer Basch, food service manager, at [email protected] or call 607-739-5601 ext.3674
Send Check or Cash
You can always bring money personally or send it with your student.
Please place it in an envelope marked clearly with your student's name, their ID #, their teacher's name, the $ amount and the check #. Turn in prepaid deposits to the cafeteria cashier(s) or school office.
If you choose to bring money to school personally or send it with your student, please put it in an envelope clearly marked with the student's first and last name, their ID #, their teacher's name, and the amount enclosed.